Designjam Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 May 2018.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect all or some of the following data
- Job Title
- Email Addresses
- Telephone Numbers
- Postal Addresses
Along with many other websites we have chosen to track user information via Google Analytics, a third party data processor. We collect this data to understand how many visitors we receive to the site and how they interact with the site. This allows us to provide a better user experience for site visitors.
Although Google Analytics does track data such as a user’s geographical location, browser type, device type and operating system, it is not information that personally identifies you to us. Whilst Google Analytics does record a user’s IP address (which could be used to identify an individual), we do not have access to this information.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA AND HOW LONG DO WE KEEP IT?
The data outlined in the above sections may be required from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website and services. Key areas we use this data for are:
- Internal record keeping. This includes sales invoices and quotes. Invoices and quotes are held for a minimum of 6 years to allow us to offer complete transparency if we were to face a tax inspection.
- E-marketing campaigns for promotional materials that you may find interesting. See Mailing Lists section below.
- In order for us to carry out tasks as agreed in working contracts. These areas include website development, graphic design and email marketing. A good example would be contact details to email a client with on-going project updates and to email or post an invoice. This data is held for a minimum of 6 years to allow us to offer complete transparency if we were to face a tax inspection.
- Storage of completed works. In certain instances we may store personal data as part of completed work. A good example would be storing business card artwork for a client. We hold this for an indefinite period because at any time the client may request a copy of this artwork or a reprint.
- We may collect your client’s data as part of a website build project. This may include taking temporary copies of customer data (a good example being an e-commerce store database) whilst we undertake website updates on our internal website development server. Customer data is deleted and never held for longer than 30 days, this being a fair time for us to undertake website updates.
E-MARKETING AND MAILING LISTS
If you opt-in to receive our marketing updates your personal data (Including your name, company name, telephone number, postal address and email address) will be sent to our marketing lists stored within Mailchimp, a third party processor we use for data management and direct marketing. The submitted personal data will not be stored within our website’s database or our internal computer servers.
Your data will be stored within the Mailchimp database for an indefinite period and as long as we continue using Mailchimp for email marketing purposes or until you request removal from the list. Removing your personal data from our list can be achieved by using the unsubscribe link contained in a previous marketing email we have sent or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address that we have stored.
Whilst your personal data remains within the Mailchimp database you will receive marketing information from us periodically and at the most twice per month.
Please note that if you are under 16 years of age you must obtain parental/guardian consent before joining our mailing list.
CONTACT FORMS AND EMAIL LINKS
Our website will not store any information submitted when using any contact forms within our website or any email links within our website. We will not pass information to be processed by any of the third party data processors we use unless you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us.
Data entered is simply used to create an email that is sent directly to email@example.com using the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted.
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All data held by Designjam Ltd is secure. Firewalls block all public access to our internal server systems with the exception of secure browser (https), email and mobile network connections necessary to provide our services.
Key employees have access to our systems with multi-layer security in order to provide essential maintenance and development activity. We ensure our online and offline systems receive regular software updates and we enforce strong passwords through client education.
Furthermore, all data is backed up on cloud based storage providers. See “OUR THIRD PARTY DATA PROCESSORS” section for more information
ABOUT THIS WEBSITE’S SERVER
This website is hosted on our shared server provided by Nublue Ltd. within a secure UK based data centre. We consider Nublue Ltd to be a third party data processor. All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
OUR THIRD PARTY DATA PROCESSORS
We use a number of third parties who process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully selected and all comply with the GDPR legislation. All of these third parties are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
The providers of such services do have access to certain personal data provided by users of our website and our services.
Any data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that we request. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited.
Furthermore, any data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this policy and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
- Google – We use Gmail for processing and storage of emails. These are archived at regular intervals. Google Analytics is used to track user interaction with our website, see the “SITE TRACKING” section for more information.
- Mailchimp – We use Mailchimp for processing our e-marketing work, see section “E-marketing and Mailing lists”
- NuBlue – Used for hosting of websites and legacy email accounts.
- Amazon S3 – We use this to back up our internal website development server. See the “Why do we collect your Personal Data and how long do we store it for?” section for further information.
- Dropbox – All non-web development work is backed up on a Dropbox Business Account package.
- Kashflow – This company is our cloud based accounting software provider. Customer information, sales invoices, and quotes are stored here.
- Manage WP – This stores WordPress user information and also customer information. Here we store website backups that are offered to clients as a premium add-on. These backups offer peace of mind should a technical issue arise requiring a full restore from historical versions. Data is held for 90 days and is saved on Amazon S3 infrastructure.
- Go Cardless – This is used for customers paying by direct debit. Go Cardless will hold customer data for the purposes of collecting payment.
- Stripe – A payment gateway we use for taking card payments. Stripe will hold customer data for the purposes of processing the payment.
DESIGNJAM AS A PROCESSOR
If we have access to your customer’s personal data we should be considered a data processor.
If we have access to your’s or your client’s hosting servers and/or CRM systems (or similar) such as Hubspot, SaleForce, Pardot (or similar) this is granted to us for undertaking specific services only. Unless explicitly requested to do so (by you, the client) we will not view, manage or download any accessible data.
When we store backups of your websites (particularly WordPress) we may have access to your customer’s data and also your employee’s WordPress user data. Unless explicitly requested by you we will not view, manage or download any accessible data.
The data controller of this website is:
Designjam Limited (company number: 8077672)
Unit 4 Brickfields Business Park
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may access your data at any time to view or amend it. You may need to modify or update your data if your circumstances change.
You can ask us if we hold personal data about you in the following ways
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post: Designjam Ltd, Unit 4 Brickfields Business Park, Gillingham, Dorset SP8 4PX
Upon request, we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data. We may require proof of your identity. This will be supplied within 30 days of the successful request.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that upon clicking these links and navigating away from our website it is your responsibility to ensure the other website protects any data you supply whilst visiting. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting other websites. These other websites are not covered by this privacy statement.
We will report any unlawful data breach of our website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities as soon as realistically possible after the breach.
These cookies are used by Google Analytics to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third-parties where required to do so by law, or where such third-parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website.